Wednesday 24 February 2010

Tonight’s the night

Just an hour to go until the launch party for First Time I Met The Blues. I’ve done this before, for Grown-Up People, so I know more or less what to expect, but doubts still creep in. What if no one turns up (a wet Wednesday evening in central London - why wouldn’t you go straight home?), what if they don’t buy the book (though my crack sales force should see to that), what if they don’t like my reading?

I have at least taken the precaution of timing and practicising the extract I’m going to read (it takes just over 10 minutes, which should be acceptable), and I’ve always been good at this kind of thing. I could never act, but in productions from junior school right through to university, I was often cast as narrators of various kinds. And at school I was chosen to do readings at the Remembrance Day assembly and that kind of thing. So not too many worries there.

Anyway, better go. My hour in the spotlight beckons. More soon.

2 comments:

  1. So where can we get it from? The Arts editor of the Sunday Express demands to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to www.timturnerbooks.co.uk - you can order a copy there and pay by PayPal. Or email me at tim@timturnerbooks.co.uk if you prefer an alternative payment method.

    ReplyDelete